Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Xcode... Noone can help me? "Command /Developer/usr/bin/g++-4.0 failed to exit."
finnianm Offline

Xcode... Noone can help me? "Command /Developer/usr/bin/g++-4.0 failed to exit."
Command /Developer/usr/bin/g++-4.0 failed to exit with code 1. Hello. Please help me. For the past 3 weeks, i have been recieving that text whenever i compile and get all the errors out. I have no idea waht that file is, and i have posted this problem every single place i can find, no help yet! PLEASE HELP. I CANNOT MAKE ANY PROGRAMS.
2008.10.15 09:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Derek Kuhl Offline
Super Moderator

It's part of the GCC compiler collection. I'm assuming you're doing something in C++? You might have a bad configuration in your XCode file, or you need to reinstall GCC because it's corrupted.
2008.10.15 10:07 PM
OneSadCookie Offline
Genius Bar

In the build pane in Xcode, below the errors and warnings, there's a tiny button at the bottom that looks a bit like a few lines of text. If you click it, the "detailed build log" will become visible. This log should show the actual error message. If you don't understand the message, post that detailed build log text here and we'll take a look.

Pretty sure it's neither of the things Derek suggests Tongue
2008.10.15 10:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Derek Kuhl Offline
Super Moderator

OSC is master of the C++ game development, so do what he says.
2008.10.15 10:14 PM
finnianm Offline

Sorry guys for getting back to you so late, i lost the link to the page! anyways, im working with C++, now, some of the programs i have made run but they dont show up. its jsut a blank page even when it says that xcode suceeded. When i try to type the easiest program in C++:
#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main(){
cout << "hello";
return 0;
}
it never works and says the command error with the g++.
2008.10.17 01:05 PM
finnianm Offline

oh, and OSC, here is what the thing u asked for says, sorry its alot:

Building target “Untitled” of project “Untitled” with configuration “Debug”

Checking Dependencies

Ld "/Users/Finnian_M/Desktop/C++ Programs/Untitled/Untitled/build/Debug/Untitled.app/Contents/MacOS/Untitled" normal i386
cd "/Users/Finnian_M/Desktop/C++ Programs/Untitled/Untitled"
/Developer/usr/bin/g++-4.0 -arch i386 -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk "-L/Users/Finnian_M/Desktop/C++ Programs/Untitled/Untitled/build/Debug" "-F/Users/Finnian_M/Desktop/C++ Programs/Untitled/Untitled/build/Debug" -filelist "/Users/Finnian_M/Desktop/C++ Programs/Untitled/Untitled/build/Untitled.build/Debug/Untitled.build/Objects-normal/i386/Untitled.LinkFileList" -mmacosx-version-min=10.5 -framework Carbon -o "/Users/Finnian_M/Desktop/C++ Programs/Untitled/Untitled/build/Debug/Untitled.app/Contents/MacOS/Untitled"
ld: duplicate symbol _main in /Users/Finnian_M/Desktop/C++ Programs/Untitled/Untitled/build/Untitled.build/Debug/Untitled.build/Objects-normal/i386/untitled.o and /Users/Finnian_M/Desktop/C++ Programs/Untitled/Untitled/build/Untitled.build/Debug/Untitled.build/Objects-normal/i386/main.o
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
2008.10.17 01:06 PM
finnianm Offline

oh and ty for helping guys! i still havnt gotten any response at the other 5 forums i tried.
2008.10.17 01:07 PM
OneSadCookie Offline
Genius Bar

Here's the actual error, from that log:

Quote:ld: duplicate symbol _main in /Users/Finnian_M/Desktop/C++ Programs/Untitled/Untitled/build/Untitled.build/Debug/Untitled.build/Objects-normal/i386/untitled.o and /Users/Finnian_M/Desktop/C++ Programs/Untitled/Untitled/build/Untitled.build/Debug/Untitled.build/Objects-normal/i386/main.o

... emphasis added. Read it carefully Wink
2008.10.17 04:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
finnianm Offline

okay, i looked at that, but im sorry im a bit of a noob. what does it mean?
2008.10.17 06:50 PM
OneSadCookie Offline
Genius Bar

it means you've got two source files (main.cpp and untitled.cpp, probably) each of which defines a function main(). That's bad Tongue
2008.10.17 07:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)